it was on 4th September 2017 when we had the onam celebration with my Kerala friends. the lunch was supposed to be start from the 2pm . and the planning was to go to the lunch and after that we had the nonlinear control class of bhasin sir which is the one of the best class in IIT delhi control and automation. but due to delay lunch started at 4.30pm and we had to miss the class of bhasin sir . and after that our phd seniors planned to celebrate teachers day and they told to shantak and sanjeev about it. so they called us and we reached the control lab by 5;30 pm. then they told me to make something for the teachers they were just telling me to make some invitation card for the faculties.
initially i was like i will not give my time in this but within half hour i decided that if these people are believing in me thats why they are telling me….and if i will not do it then who will??
i can bring a change here i will make it…then at 6 pm i told them that i will make e.invitation and we will take print out of it and give them as the invitation. and i left the lab by saying that i am going to start my work. and directly went to the library and spent 1 hour time to decide about the invitation card ..one thing was very clear that it will be a surprising for them all. i searched the youtube video and found some ideas but that was time taking .i really wanted to make all those but i had limited time to complete my task.
so i googled about the e invitation in google and found one website . where templates were there for various invitation. i just started making the templates there using the photos of the faculty and then i did all this till 12 o clock at night and i thought that if we will give just a printout of this then it will not be that good so why cant we frame it and give them as a memento. because this will stay with them for the lifetime. and in the night i tell about my plan to shantak than he told that it will be ok . but he was not knowing about the framing of the photo and all so he told me to do it by my own. but the problem was that next day i had swimming practice from morning 6 to 7 then i had 2 class then after that i had TA duty also so my entire day was pack. but i thought that i will make it happen no matter what,if i have to miss the class then i will miss it for teachers no problem at all.
next morning i went to ber sarai and munirka to find a frame for that and after some struggle i found a shop where i got 7 frame 100 rs each .then i took printout and made that all photos with my hand only i dont wanted for anybody to help me for that purpose,
i came to lab at 4.30 pm and everybody was very very happy with my work everybody told me that i have done an amazing work they were apprecited my throughout the event. and arnov sir who was a phd student was anchoring the event mentioned my name in front of the whole department and everybody including the faculty clapped for me. it was an awesome feeling that time . faculties also liked that gift very much because there were not any event like this before. i will remember this teacher day for my lifetime with lots of learning with me.
what i have learned from the day-
- if you have any talent then show this to the world, share it with the people around you.
- if you do something good then its satisfaction level is uncomparable
- everybody likes appreciation no matter what so appreciate others for there good work in unique way so that they will remember you for the lifetime
- i will give thank you latter to some of the people in india for there good work in unique way,,may be in same way as the memento for this faculty because this will motivate them to do good work and ultimatelly it will benefits the society itself and with onky 120 rupees.
- take responsibility for something to do.
- people will try there best to take credit hence do it all with yourself only because you are very much capable of doing that
- photo frame size was 5*7 inches so make portrait according to that only.
- in next teachers day perform a song with the guitar and small emotional speech