Gate 2016 is over and this time again i attempted 50/65 questions or 78/100 marks. For gate you should have 90% efficiency atleast but i am getting only 55 marks.
I know all the things required to TOP in this exam but still i am not able to do it in this year also….the reason is only my CARELESS nature. I have to fix it if i want to get success in my life .not only success, i want a bigger success.
Last year also the was same, i attempted total 75/100 but able to get only 55.16 and AIR 351 from EE.
And it is not like i attempt some doubtful question. NO, i attemted only those question in which i was sure abt the concepts, but i did mistakes on calculation or some other silly mistakes.
GATE is graduate APTITUDE test,so u need to improve your aptitude to solve the question efficiently. You don’t need to cover a wide syllabus. You just have to cover all topics mentioned on the syllabus and learn the concepts correctly and solve previous year question paper, thats it.
Now you have all the content required to TOP this exam ,just use the available resources. Dont bother about any small tooic if missed.
Try to use available resources efficiently, this is very important.
If u are spending time on getting resources only and u have collected that much of them which are not even required, then that is total waste of time(as far as top rank in gate is concerned, if u have to became a teacher then that collected resources are going to be very usefull. But that is later stage. First u have to achieve TOP rank for ur satisfaction)
Just think about everything surrounding u. Ask a question WHY to yourself, and then try to find answer for that. In this process u will encounter some other questions also that are directly or indirectly going to help u in future for a better purpose.
Read from a single source. This is very important if u dont want to get confused. Read from a single source many time, and for this that single source should be best among all available resources for that particular topic. First spend time in searching that best resource. Once u find that, then start reading from that again and again.
During those very important 3 hours, spend 2 minutes to see all the questions 1 time. Then there will be an idea of which type of questions are present at which side.
Solve whole paper in 3 round.
In 1st round solve all very easy and formula based questions, for which you dont have to use your pen.( while doing this you can see all the questions also and solve the easy ones)
In 2nd round solve remaining questions which can be solved by you.dont touch the tough ones.
In 3rd round if time left, try to attempt the tough ones.
For numerical data question after solving the questions and before filling it, give 10 sec to review your question and solution.
Read each question with 100% concentration.
While solving the questions on the pad, try to solve step by step and clearly.
Preparation is must, but strategy are more important. Otherwise you will not get 100% result for your preparation.
Whatever time you are giving to hardwork, make 70% for study and remaining 30% for thinking and questioning whatever u read.